Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Song, the Story and the Poem



It was 10:45 in the evening but I'm not yet sleepy, so I decided to turn on the radio. I switched the tuning button to find a station that will going to play my favorite songs. And after a few seconds I found one...


"The wind that blows the dove is the wind that blows my love,
 hope it will find its way to you 
 wherever you are...wherever you are..."


The soft music was replaced by the soothing voice of the evening dj. He said, "Good evening to all, it's time for me to read some of the letters from our listeners, and I have one here, from someone let's just called him Angelo. Let me read this letter.." 


"I'm Angelo, 23 yrs old and deeply inlove with someone. Charina and I were classmates since HighSchool. I know all her secrets and she knew mine too. Charina is an orphan. Her parents died when she was only 3yrs old. She was now living with her Aunt. We were so close then but never called each other as bestfriends because we knew that what we feel for each other was far more than friendship. But finally before we graduate, I'm able to say what I really feel for her. Then she became my girlfriend for almost 3yrs. But I met Liza, I know it was wrong but I courted her. She also knew that Charina is still my girlfriend, but she said it was ok with her. Liza gave me only 2weeks to end up whatever relationshipI have with Charina. It was reallry hard on my part because Charina is still special, I just fell out of love for her. Although she knew that I was fooling her, she still pretend to be a very good girlfriend to me. One morning after the class, I talk to her."


 "Don't do this to yourself." I told her but she just smiled.
 "What am I doing?" She answered me innocently.
 "Don't act as if you don't know." For the first time I shouted her. Her eyes turned teary and I felt sorry for her, but it's now or never. I'm torn between  my happiness & my conscience. 
 "I know it's so rude of me,but I dont love you anymore. Let's make it a good end.." I told her.She cried and said,
 "I know, But I'm not begging you to love me once more, just tell me you'll stay' I'm not going to demand or complain anything,just don't leave me..." 


She cried and I felt the urge to hug her and give her comfort.But she misunderstood what I did, she thought that I'm willing to stay. I told Liza what had happened & she said it was alright,she told me to make it at the right time when Charina is ready to give me up. One morning I opened my bag saw a small teddy bear, with a cord attached in it. I smiled as I thought 'Liza your really sweet. Then I read the card attached in it.

                       I'll do anything for you...
                                Lovelots, 
                                 Charina..


I was really disappointed. Each day I'm beginning to hate Charina for she made me feel like I'm such a bad person. But what am I going to do? I don't love her anymore,it was Liza my heart is beating for. Finally, one morning Charina approached me. 



"Angelo, I'setting you free..if this is what really..what really makes you happy?" she smiled & then she left. I was shocked when I heard from a friend that she just not left me but also the School. She dropped all her subjects. At first, I felt guilty for I knew she was badly hurt. But then I stop blaming myself because it was her fault. Her fault for loving me that much... 
     
I thought I was the happiest man in the world every time I'm with Liza. We spent so much time together and I knew she was the right girl for me. But I was wrong...really wrong. Liza and I were together when a car accident happen. I become totally blind because of those broken glasses split through my eyes. It was not that hard for me to accept that I'm going to be blind forever because I knew Liza will be there for me. But she left me to be with other guy. Months later, I heard that she was pregnant & soon to be marrying his boyfriend. I realize that when she was fooling me like what I did to Charina. I cried hard not because I cant live without Liza. I cried because I knew I deserved it. I left Charina for nothing...nothing! 


A year later, my mother surprised me when she told me that someone will going to donate eyes for me. I was really thankful for that person. After waiting for so long the operation was through & it was successful. I was in my room when a shoe box fell from my cabinet. I looked for it and saw it was the same box where I put all the letters and gifts I received from Charina. Then I saw the teddy bear and read the card... 


                             "I'll do anything for you"
                                      Lovelots, 
                                        Charina


 I was planning to give it back to her the same day she set me free but I forgot to do so. Then I decided to find Charina. With a help of a friend I am able to find where she is. She's now living alone after her Aunt died a month ago. I entered their garden and saw her sitting in a bench near a big tree. I came to her and said, 'hi!' 


"Is that you Angelo?" she asked, smiling.
"Yeah, of course it's me! Did anything changed? or do you find me more good looking now?" I told her joking. 
"Can I touch your face? I've longed for this to happen again. You...sitting next to me?" But before I answered, she already raised her hands to my face, she touched my lips,my nose, then lastly my eyes. I was shocked when I realized that she was blind. So shocked to the point I can't open my mouth to speak. I had a hint that it was her who...who...


 "Yeah, it's me!" she answered me as if she knew what I am going to ask. 
  "Remember when I told you I'll do anything for you? Well, I've done my part." She added. 


I pulled her nearer to hug her tight as if I'm going to die if I let her go. Realization came to me. It was her whom I really love. It was her! Not because of what she had done to me, but because I knew deep down in me that I really, really love her... 
  
 "Now, I hope she's listening. By the way, she was living with me now and my mother.       Hmmmm..Charina, will you share your lifetime with me? Will you marry me?" 
      
The Dj said, "What a story! Anyway. Charina and Angelo, this song is for you..." then the soft music was played.

        "Now there's a reason to wake up each day. 
       "I thank the Lord for sending you my way. 
        Now I am strong, I love you so...
       I wanna thank you for your love... 
       Thank you...thank you for your love..." 


I must admit, I dont cried a little-but rather, a lot while listening to their story. It was really touching. It was bitter-sweet romance, but I know I'ts God's will. It was his plan to let the two of them undergo a trial. But everything ends well. They were finally together and wherever they are, I'm wishing for their happiness. This poem is for them... 




 You can call me selfish
 But I love you so I'll take the risk 
 I'm going to put a good fight
 I'm going to try with all my might
 Call me crazy if you want 
 But loving you is all I want







No comments:

Post a Comment